Participants in our Aytzeem (7th grade) and High School program can look forward to dinner before classes each Tuesday evening. Our Aytzeem (7th grade) explores components of the Holocaust, participates in our Coming of Age During the Holocaust, Coming of Age Now curriculum as they listen to testimonies of those that were 12 and 13 during the time of the war, and continues to expand on their Hebrew.
8th-12th grade groups will continue with a grade-level core class taught by the clergy and a choice of diverse electives based on three tracks: Omanut (Arts and Culture), Manheegoot (Leadership) and Tikkun Olam (Social Action). Our 8th and 9th grade groups will also participate in the Moving Traditions curriculum. This curriculum gathers males and females together on a monthly basis and explore topics related to each gender through a Jewish lens. Our 10th-12th grade will also prepare and facilitate a learning opportunity for their peers. 10th Grade Confirmation participants can especially look forward to their trip to Washington, DC in January 2014 for a weekend of learning about political action, enjoying the sights of Washington and lobbying on Capitol Hill.
Teens in our High School program have the opportunity to select a wide-range of electives based on their preference and desired learning outcomes.
- Omanut (Arts and Culture)-
- Painting a mural for TINR
- Music (band)
- Drama games
- Holiday cooking
- Creating ritual objects
- Teen Follies song
- Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World)
- Some activities can be accompanied by a visit to an organization outside of a Tuesday evening.
- Caring Clowning
- Cooking for Temple Israel Cares
- Cooking for HOPE
- Working in the TINR garden in Spring
- Project Linus-creating blankets for children in need
- Manheegoot (Leadership). Focus on choices that will help prepare teens to serve as camp counselors and/or leaders within TINR programming.
- CPR/Red Cross babysitting course
- Writing Junior Youth Group Programming
- Advocacy training
- MLK Coalition for Mutual Respect
- Madrichim training