Each toddler and preschool classroom is staffed with one master’s degree teacher and bachelor’s degree teacher, who are paired to provide the best support for the children at each stage of development. Our experienced teachers bring to our program a variety of talents, ranging from fine artistry, film and business to school counseling, remedial teaching, special education and learning disability training, as well as gifted and talented enrichment. We thrive on diversity and are proud to have a few teachers who are originally from outside the U.S. Together, our faculty work as a team to provide dynamic learning experiences for all of our students.
Ongoing training and certification
The staff of our expanded program will receive ongoing training by Bright Horizons University, which, through Bright Horizons’ operation of more than 700 centers both nationwide and abroad, has extensive experience in early childhood education.
• Many of Temple Israel’s veteran teachers have also been through ENGAJE (Enrich, Nurture, Grow through Adult Jewish Education), a special program for which the Board of Jewish Education (BJE) chose TINR’s ECP as one of just 11 participating schools.
• We are one of 8 programs in Westchester that were originally selected for Project SEED (Supporting Early Emotional Development), wherein a social worker and educational consultant join our staff for meetings, classroom observations, group seminars on child development, parenting issues, and early childhood education. These adjunct educators also serve as consultants to parents seeking help with challenging behaviors and family matters.
• Full, in-house staff meetings and discussion among teachers in each of the school’s student age categories facilitate constant reflection and teamwork.
• Continuing education, with attendance at workshops and professional conferences, enables our teachers to maintain the highest of educational standards while forever deepening their understanding of the children that they teach.
• All are trained in both CPR and First Aid; some are MAT (Medication Administration Training) certified as well.