Find selected press releases as well as recent press clippings. Click to access the pdf.
Mobile Clinic Serving Underprivileged Children Visits New Rochelle at Temple Israel of New Rochelle
The clinic is operated by the Children’s Health Fund and was founded in 1987 by singer/songwriter Paul Simon and Dr. Irwin Redlener.
Dr. Irwin Redlener speaking to students as they visit the mobile medical unit of the Children’s Health Fund at Temple Israel of New Rochelle Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012.
Sitting in the parking lot of Temple Israel of New Rochelle Tuesday was a big blue RV-like vehicle.
The “mobile medical clinic” is owned and operated by the Children’s Health Fund, an organization that provides state-of-the-art health care to, among others, children housed in New York City homeless shelters and their families.
The Children’s Health Fund, co-founded in 1987 by Dr. Irwin Redlener and singer/songwriter Paul Simon, operates 24 programs in rural and urban areas with 50 of the mobile clinics. They have also been called on to provide health care during such crises as the 9/11 attacks and Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina.
“We treat about 75,000 low-income children and their families every year in these units,” Redlener said, adding that they like to call them “doctor’s offices on wheels.”
The fund’s mission “is to try to get kids as healthy as possible,” he said.
The reason for the mobile clinic’s appearance in New Rochelle was not to treat area residents but to serve a fundraising purpose.
Redlener’s grandson, Caleb Redlener, 12, who is a sixth grade student at Albert Leonard Middle School and attends Hebrew school at Temple Israel, wanted to do something for his grandfather’s organization.
Future of Jersusalem, Part II of Series
• Erik Sherman, Brotherhood Breakfast (sponsored by Sisterhood & Kulanu Committee)
… October 2011
• Kehillah School Complete!
News Alert released September 8, 2011
• Pride Shabbat … June 2011
Temple Israel to Feature Noted Scholar at 3rd Annual Pride Shabbat
Journal News Article (submitted by Linda Barat)
New Rochelle Patch
• Cabaret on Pinebrook Benefits Temple Israel, Songcatchers … a Musical Performance!
… May 2011
• Mayor Bramson speaking at the Brotherhood Breakfast … May 2011
• Mitzvah Day! A Success for Temple Israel! … April 2011
More press in New Rochelle Patch
• ‘8: The Mormon Proposition’, Movie at the April 27 Sisterhood Meeting … April 2011
• The Coalition for Mutual Respect, Freedom Seder Dinner on April 13 … March 2011
• What it Means to be Pro-Israel? … March 2011
New Rochelle Patch
Temple Israel Press Release
The New York Jewish Week
Hundreds showed up at Temple Israel of New RochelleSunday night (March 6) to discuss what it means to be “pro-Israel.” A panel comprised of Ari Fleischer, Congresswoman Nita Lowey (D-NY-18) and Daniel Levy fielded questions from Gary Rosenblatt, editor and publisher of The Jewish Weekand audience members.
• ECP Takes on Creation … February 2011
• The Follies Are Coming! … January 2011
• Early Childhood Innovator Named as Program Director … December 2010
• Youth Bureau Board of Commissioners Awards … our own Victoria Stoeger, New Rochelle High School senior, was given the Bryan P. Keane Youth Volunteer Award for her work with Special Needs students.
• United Hebrew of New Rochelle receives gift bags
for the holidays from Temple Israel of New Rochelle … December 2010
• Temple Israel Preschoolers Entertain Residents of Willow Towers … November 2010
• Temple Israel of New Rochelle Day of Service Benefits Community … November 2010
• Comedian/Actor/Author to be Guest at Temple Israel Brotherhood Breakfast … November 2010
• Our Own Alan Menken, Receives Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! … November 2010
Los Angeles Times
• The Cantor Has Made the News!… November 2010
• Holiday Boutique!… November 2010
• Cultural Center, Congregants’ Collections…October 2010
• Scholar-in-Residence at Temple Israel to Highlight Israel’s Multiple Facets… October 2010
• Giant Sukkah Erected… September 2010